Monday, February 20, 2017

Miracles and Transfers

 Hey everyone!

So this week is transfers! This transfer has just flown by! I can hardly believe that I am now in my 6th transfer! Sometimes I feel like I should be in my 10th transfer by now but that's life I guess! haha. So I am getting a new companion today. We had to get up at 5 this morning so we could get Elder Hutchings over to the transfer spot to go to his new area. So, now I am in a trio of sorts until this afternoon when I will get my new companion. His name is Elder Pereria.. I think.. haha. I haven't met him yet so I don't quite know how to spell or pronounce his name quite yet. All I know about him is that he was born in Brazil! So that's pretty cool! I am excited to have him as a companion!

So there were a couple miracles this week that happened that were pretty cool. The last couple weeks or so Elder Hutchings and I were able to give a couple blessings to a couple different people. One of them to this less active lady named Bobby. She is so cool! And she loves the missionaries coming over to visit with her. She has been having trouble with her health and she has had to go get a lot of blood transfusions. So she asked for a blessing a couple weeks ago. And this last week when we visited with her she was very excited and she looked really good! All her color was back in her face and everything! She told us that she doesn't have to go back to the doctors anymore! That was very cool to see. 

The other miracle was another blessing that we were able to give. So, we were walking around kind of aimlessly one morning, wondering where to go and we both got the impression that we should stop by this older couple's house in the ward and just check up on them and see how they were doing. So we knock on the door and he came out and told us that they were having a little emergency but he wanted us to come in anyway. Turns out his wife had been having trouble with her knees that morning. She thought maybe she was having a blood clot or something and they were trying to find someone to take them to the hospital. So we offered to give her a blessing and she let us. They ended up getting their son to take them to the hospital. Later that night she called us and left us a voicemail saying that they had taken a lot of tests on her that spanned about 6 hours long. And by the end her knees felt perfectly fine. She said she had never experienced anything like it. Whenever her knees had hurt her like that in the past they hurt her for weeks. But not this time! She said she gave all the credit to the blessing. So that was another cool experience for me as well.

The power and authority of the priesthood in my life has been so strong and I have been blessed to have been influenced by it my whole life. I am so thankful for a father that has lived worthily throughout his life to be able to hold and exercise his priesthood and be a good influence to those around him and especially me. I am so thankful for my dad's example to me. I hope that we can all remember the Savior and the sacrifice that he made for us this week. And that our Father in heaven loves us so much that He gave us his Son to be the sacrifice for us. So that we can all, one day, return to live with Him again. I love you all! have a great week! 

-Elder Waite 
There is a Spanish elder named Elder Bench. And he makes fun of me for my last name being Waite. So I get a lot of ''Waite" jokes. So I took that picture of me "waiteing" and sitting on a "bench" for him. lol
Meridian Idaho temple under construction

Elder Rettig - he's going home tomorrow!

Elder Ray - he's cool

Elder Martinez
My new bike!

At the bike shop last week.