Monday, February 27, 2017

A New 'Energetic' Companion

Hey everyone!

So I don't have anytime at all to write this. It seems like that is how it is every week and I am sorry about that. haha. But I wanted to at least write something! haha!

So my new companion's name is Elder Pereira. (peh-day-duh) He is from Brazil and is a good missionary. I enjoy working with him. 

I hope you all have a great week this week! I love you all! Remember our Savior Jesus Christ and his sacrifice he made for us! This is so important and I am learning more and more about how important it really is every day! I am so thankful for Him!

-Elder Waite


Elder Waite and Elder Pereira
I think the missionaries answer all their emails before composing a 'mass email' and it gets left to the end. Hence the very short email this week!! I asked Jacob how teaching was going -

 "Teaching is going good. We had a lesson with Travis and Jenna this week. They had a nonmember friend come over to listen as well. She's pretty interested. Her name is Kim. Anyway, last transfer we taught Travis the first 3 lessons but he doesn't really understand. So we are reteaching the first 3 lessons again. But this week we read Alma 18 with the 3 of them to help them understand the nature of God more. It was AWESOME! They were totally hooked on the story of Ammon cutting off the arms and when king Lamoni fell as if he were dead they were all like "well what happened!? did he actually die!?" So we read chapter 19 as well. It was so cool. But yeah. That was fun."

He told me he likes his new companion although he is very energetic! (he had to cut him off from his Dr. Pepper because it made him even more 'energetic' - haha) But, he's a good missionary so this should be a good transfer for Jacob. 
I've also been informed that his 3 pairs of Dockers already need to be replaced and he broke the lens cover off of his camera. I guess these are good things considering that they let you know he is working hard and making the most of his time as a missionary.  
Elder Pereira and Elder Waite