Monday, March 13, 2017

The Blessings Keep Coming

Hey Everyone!

This week was good! Lots of good stuff happened! Wednesday we went on exchanges. We were able to see a lot of people and help them come closer to the Savior Jesus Christ. One person we saw, James, who we see every Wednesday, immediately greeted us and welcomed us into his home and was very excited to teach us some self defense! hahaha. He is such a funny guy. He is an ex-marine and a black-belt in karate. So guns, knives, and fighting are always part of the conversations we have with him. That night at dinner I got my first stain on my white shirt. First time I have ever spilled something on one of my shirts! I was pretty bummed! But luckily it came pretty much all the way out when I washed it that night.. haha. Later that night we had a lesson with a recent convert. His kids were in the other room playing the whole time. Towards the end of the lesson the kids came out and sat next to their parents. And all of a sudden they noticed the little girl's hair. It was cut. Her older brother had gotten the scissors while we were occupied with the lesson and cut his little sister's hair! It was crazy! haha. 

The rest of the week was pretty slow. But Saturday made up for it. Sita was baptized!!! It was so awesome and i have never felt the spirit more strongly than I did at her baptism. Sita would have been baptized whether I came on my mission or not, but I am 100% certain that she was a huge reason I was sent here to Idaho. Because if I hadn't been sent to Idaho I wouldn't have met her and her family and I wouldn't have been able to have the spiritual experience I did have at her baptism or the confirmation I got from my Heavenly Father of the truthfulness of this gospel that has been restored to the earth in this the dispensation of the fullness of times. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. That through him, the Church of Jesus Christ was able to be restored to the earth after being lost for so many centuries. I know that we have the priesthood on the earth again today and that if I am worthy, I can call upon the power of God to help me in any situation. And I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That it was given to us by God through a prophet. And that that prophet was Joseph Smith. 

Anyway, I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

-Elder Waite
Robby Grant from Payette showed up in one of my wards yesterday!! It was great to see him again!!

My Dr. Pepper tower that looks like the Nauvoo temple!