Monday, November 21, 2016

Don't Lose Sight

Hey Everyone!

So this week was pretty awesome. If you've read my other emails you know that I love to do service. And, well, this week was more service oriented than anything. It was awesome! I love serving people! On Wednesday we got to cut wood for about 4 hours! And I didn't even stop for water, I loved it so much! I was pretty dang sore the next day though.. haha. 

And on Saturday we helped a family do something pretty crazy...  We skinned and butchered Llamas!! Pretty weird, huh? haha. It was fun, though.

Aaannnyyywwaaaaayyyy, I guess I should get to something more spiritual right? haha
You may have noticed the title of my email was 'don't lose sight'? Well, I was thinking this morning about what I should write my email about. And I thought I needed to share something about families. Families are so important. It's something I didn't really know much about before I came out on my mission. I love my family so much and I want nothing more than to be with them for eternity. Not only my immediate family but my extended family as well. All my cousins and aunts and uncles and everybody! I know so many people that have lost sight of why they are here. And why they were put into the family that they were put into. I am still pretty new to all this missionary stuff so I don't have any scriptural references to share, but I can tell you that reading the scriptures and praying will help. Those two things are so important. They will help you to not lose sight of why you are here. And they will motivate you to do all that you can so that you can be with your family for eternity. 

Don't lose sight.

My prayer this week is that we can all strive to love our families more. Do everything you can to find time in each day to read your scriptures and pray. It will help so much!

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Waite
Before

After

Thought of my dad