Monday, November 7, 2016

Broken Window

Hey everyone!

This week was good! It went by really fast! But lesson wise.. it wasn't the best. Cancelled appointments left and right. Nobody was home. It just wasn't very good in that sense. But that's missionary life I guess! 

How many stories have you heard about missionaries breaking windows?? Haha I would probably guess not a lot! But guess what happened this week! Yep, we broke a window. We were at dinner Saturday night and we were playing fetch with this family's dog. My companion found this old pot outside and told me to toss the ball in the air for him to hit it with the pot so it would "go farther" for the dog. Well, I tossed it up. He hit it and the ball went flying. But so did the pot.... and.. well... it landed in this family's living room! hahaha. We helped them clean it up. And the cool part is, they still fed us dinner afterwards!;) They were really cool about it. Elder Dean sure got lucky! 

Elder Dean had to give the spiritual thought afterwards. He shared a scripture in the Book of Mormon that talks about how being carnally minded is death and being spiritually minded is life eternal. We related it back to how cool this family was about the broken window. They definitely weren't carnally minded about it at all! I hope that this week we can all strive to S.M.I.L.E (spiritually minded is life eternal) I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Waite


As the mom I feel terrible that the window got broken. I really feel like we should help replace it! ugh. not a good feeling from so far away. 

Apparently he can find cool classic cars anywhere. I guess his ward mission leader's boss has this garage full and they went and checked them out! He was in heaven yet again! I guess it's one of the many reasons he loves Payette! Cars! 

He sounded so happy today. Mom's happy. AND, I think we finally figured out what was wrong with his camera so maybe next week's photos will be nice and clear! :)
"The Window"





Loving the classic cars

The skunk we hit with our car

Payette sunset