Monday, October 3, 2016

An Experience With Prayer

Hey everyone!

How was everyone's week?? Mine was pretty good!

I don't have much time but I wanted to share an experience I had with prayer this week!
So we were doing service for an old lady. I was going to mow her lawn but I had to fix the lawn mower first. So, of course, I took it apart and fixed it! And it started right up and ran great! After about 10 minutes of mowing I had to shut off the mower to go do something else really quick and when I came back I couldn't get the mower started again! And I didn't want to take it apart again. So, I was sitting there pulling it trying to get it started when the lady we were doing service for came out and told me to say a prayer to get it started. I was like, "yeah yeah, whatevs.. it still won't work." And as she was walking away I was like, wait a second. I am a missionary. I'm supposed to pray for anything and everything! So, I exercised my faith and said a prayer to get the mower started and I pulled it once and guess what!! You're right!! It didn't start!! So, I was like, yeah see, it doesn't work. And so I pulled it again out of frustration and it started. Seriously?? I felt terrible. I finished the lawn and that night I knelt down and prayed to my Father in heaven for forgiveness for being so stubborn. Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you. 

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings and he will direct thee for good!" Alma 37:37

I hope you all have a great week this week! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Waite


Wait a minute. Was that Jacob who just told that story about prayer? My Jacob? That story touched this mom's heart because he's having the experiences that are bringing him closer to God and his Savior. He's learning little by little that what we've taught him all his life is true and REAL. He's learning for himself. That's all this mom wants. 

We spent last pday in McCall, Idaho

I went ice skating for the first and LAST time last pday in McCall!

The suit I bought at a thrift store for $11.

The original receipt for the suit I bought at the thrift store for $11!!

My tie collection so far